Let’s face it. Our kids have ambition but it’s usually at times that are never convenient for us. What if we upped the stakes a bit and created an Olympics to motivate them to actually get it together for the sanity of us parents?
Here are some medal ideas for our favorite little people.
- Who will be last to wake up in the morning on the weekend? What is it with kids who can’t wake up early during the week but are up at the crack of dawn on the weekends?
Gold for the child who lets mom and dad sleep in the longest!
- The race is on…who can get dressed the fastest and out the door in record time? Why is it always such a hassle to get dressed and even worse, to get shoes on? The shoes!!! Don’t even get me started on the shoes!
Can we at least attempt a silver here? My sanity depends on it.
- Would anyone even qualify for an event in no complaining?
Yeah. Probably not. This event probably wouldn’t even have ANYONE competing.
- For the water events…bath time where no toddler leaves an unwanted gift in the water. Bonus points to the older kids who actually use soap.
There has to be hope for this one. Right?
- Who can eat the most veggies? ANY veggie? How about just a dinner we make?
The Bronze medal for this would be like gold to this mom!
- Throw all the toddlers on the lawn and see who can be potty trained with the fewest accidents.
Okay. Maybe not.
None of that is probably happening in the parenting world. Medals are more likely to be handed out in the following categories.
- The biggest public meltdown
- How far can you throw something to make a point?
- Dirtiest look ever.
- How loud can one slam a door anyway?
- The amount of times one can say a version of mommy in a two minute time span.
- Just for being stubborn.
No matter which parenting dream you are chasing now, stay gold parents.
We get our medals in the hugs, the I love yous, and the love of a lifetime.
Which kid Olympics would you like to see? Join in on the conversation at 40 Wishes and Counting.
Thanks for reading!