I could hear it outside gently hitting the roof while I pulled the covers over my head. It was a Saturday morning and there was nowhere for me to be. The rain started to fall harder as I drifted off to sleep.
That was many years ago.
Nowadays, there is none of that unless my husband is in a REALLY good mood over the weekend and keeps the kids away from our bedroom.
The rain has this super powerful effect of bringing out so many feelings no matter what is going on in life.
- I woke up late and there is no coffee. To top it off, it’s going to be a VERY long day. Let the rain fall.
- Hanging out with my girlfriends dancing in our rainboots while our favorite singer plays an outdoor concert. Let the rain fall.
- One of the most amazing people that ever lived is not with us anymore. Let the rain fall.
- The third date with my now husband ended with us making excuses outside to talk for just a little bit longer while the storm started to come in. Let the rain fall.
- Arts and crafts with my class in school while they chatter and laugh away. Let the rain fall.
- Running from the restaurant to the car with my friends. Let the rain fall.
- Curled up on the sofa with a book that I just can’t put down no matter how late it is. Let the rain fall.
- Covered by blankets on the couch with the kids watching our favorite movie. Let the rain fall.
- Sitting on the front porch swing listening to the roll of thunder. Let the rain fall.
- My child wakes up in the middle of the night and needs to be held. Let the rain fall.
And here I sit while memories fade in and out and I write…
while the rain falls.
Thank you for being here @ 40 Wishes and Counting !