Two year olds by most examples are a unique tribe. Their personalities change on a daily basis and they are learning how much power they hold over others.
These wannabe older toddlers are capable of much manipulation and charm. My daughter has recently approached this milestone.
Her actions leave me afraid of what might come next and yet…
I want to be almost exactly like her.
Read these ten reasons why having the personality of a 2 year old and all that goes with it would be life changing.
- There are so many people in my life who do not listen when I talk or want something. If you ignore a 2 year old, that child will call your name over and over at the TOP of their freaking lungs until you at least look over. After that, the 2 year old will smile so sweetly that you forgot why you were annoyed in the first place. I could yell until I am blue in the face and that strategy will not work for me.
- My daughter will get up and dance like a wild child on our coffee table. While hoping she is not destined to be a stripper, I can’t help but admire the confidence this girl has. It takes me a couple of drinks to even get out on the dance floor.
- You first read about my baby girl here and her issues with biting. Truth is when I don’t get what I want, it makes me want to bite too. Apparently, coworkers frown on this.
- Nap time still exists. Just when the frustration point is reached, she goes to sleep and wakes up super happy. Why doesn’t anyone realize this may be all we need sometimes?
- This age group is FEARLESS. Testing boundaries and checking things out without too much anxiety is how some of us need to start living. Except maybe the part where she stands on the table and jumps off.
- The all out tantrum. You can’t miss the classic 2 year old one. It begins with whimpering, moves on to more vocal sounds then followed by a lot of screaming and throwing oneself on the floor in an effort to get whatever they want. The one time I tried this with my husband, he just stepped over me and carried on.
- Two year olds are growing up fast. They are saying more words and putting sentences together. Everyone thinks this is adorable. I miss the days when people thought that about me. Now I just look like a rundown mom that sounds similar to the teacher in Charlie Brown. Wah wah wah wah.
- Let’s just go ahead and say no one thinks it’s cool when an adult has cupcake all over their face after eating it.
- The take charge attitude. My daughter is not pushed around by anyone. She even held her own against some older neighborhood kids who wanted to “borrow” one of her toys. Hell hath no fury like a toddler scorned.
- There is nothing more awesome than this girl’s smile, love, and joy she brings to life.
Especially when that smile means she is up to something.
Let it not be the take down of this mommy.
I still want to be just like her.
Thank you for reading!
I turned 40 and rather than climb a hill, I grabbed some wine, cake, and started this crazy blog.