Hubby and I got this year’s country mega ticket for our local outdoor concert venue. I am a HUGE country music fan and to me this was nothing short of amazing. Tickets to see the hottest performers while I get to sing and dance like crazy. If you are a music fan you may recognize some of these names: Braid Paisley, Dierks Bentley, Florida Georgia Line, Thomas Rhett, Dustin Lynch, Randy Houser, Darius Rucker, Luke Bryan, Tim McGraw, Jason Aldean, and so many more. You may know their names even if you are not into country. I am not just talking about Hootie either!
A few of my friends got tickets too.
It was time to PARTY. (And by party, I mean we went to the concert and came home because hubby and I still had to wake up and do the parenting thing in the morning.)
It was one of the best summers I ever had and there were a lot of random things that I observed.
Can you relate to any of it?
- No matter how old you get, women will ALWAYS compare outfits to wear. We will also go shopping for new things too. I drove my husband crazy. An hour before going to every concert, my entire closet was spilled out onto the floor including new items. I still didn’t have anything to wear. Believe it or not, I don’t own cowgirl boots. It was the summer of tank tops, dresses, and sandals. Listen, there were a lot of pictures and I had to do my part.
- The seating strategy. It may be a pain in the ass to carry that blanket but it saved our seats closer to the action while we went to drink and people watch.
- Ahhhhhh the beverages!!! Nothing like a cold one on a hot summer night. Or two, or three. Yes, we did believe in the power of the designated driver. Someone also had to be capable of finding our car in the parking lot after the concert. This was not good when I was the DD because I could never find the car by myself.
“Let your hair down, hair down Get you some of this laid on back
Kick your shoes off, kick ’em off –Get you some of this slow down fast
I’ll take you up and down these hollers and hills
Let me show you how country feels” How Country Feels Sung by Randy Houser
- The Porto Potties. These are the fastest go to on bathrooms for women. They are disgusting but we did learn a couple of things… 1. If you get there first…and I mean the very first one to go in ever that night, you can actually breathe. 2. People seriously need to learn how to lock the door. Such awkwardness when you walk in on someone doing the squat. 3. There is no porto-etiquette. First one to move, gets in. Sorry drunk girl!
- Strange guys may come up and try to grope you, kiss, you, and high five you. Bonus points to the guy who found us two concerts in a row. Sadly for him, my friend was just not interested. #drunkoutofhismind
“I’m a riser
I’m a get up off the ground, don’t run and hider
Pushing comes a-shovin’
Hey I’m a fighter” (Riser sung by Dierks Bentley)
- Where there are drinks and extreme weather temperatures, there was testosterone at its very best. Fights all around. We had the pleasure of seeing quite a few escorted out. One guy was able to get a sleeper hold on another. It was like watching a live version of Wrestlemania and Cops all at once.
“Baby you a song
You make me wanna roll my windows down and cruise
Down a back road blowin’ stop signs through the middle
Every little farm town with you” – Sung by Florida Georgia Line
- The X Rated Dance Moves- For a good number of concerts there were some people who took dirty dancing to a whole new level. Why they always had to be in front of us or to the back of us is beyond me. It was usually the most unusual looking people who were practically taking their clothes off. Sadly, it was never anyone we really cared to watch.
” You had some of the best times
You’ll never remember with me
Alcohol, alcohol ” (Alcohol by Brad Paisley)
- On the bright side, when a woman completely passes out from the heat and drinking, there are good citizens that come from all around to offer help. Eventually, the medics show up and have to carry her out.
- The not so bright side- when your friend spots the same woman concerts later still drunk. Some people never learn.
- My friend is a photo bomber. If you were at any of these concerts and a random woman is smiling in the back of your almost perfect picture, you now know who it is. We can’t control her.
“Cause tonight is all about
Dancing with my girls to the DJ –Put that song on replay” -Bartender sung by Lady Antebellum
- The moments of forgiveness when you realize while driving that one of you forgot your concert ticket followed by the next concert and another one forgetting their ticket. At least we realized before we made it all the way there! I admit…I was one of them. Thanks to the one friend who texted us reminders every concert after that.
“We go way out where there ain’t nobody
We turn this cornfield into a party Pedal to the floorboard
Eight up in a four door
Burnin’ up a back road song
Park it and we pile out Baby, watch your step now
Better have your boots on” – Kick the Dust Up sung by Luke Bryan
- My friend’s husband has the patience of a saint. A freaking saint! He was the one guy who made it to every concert which meant that when we wanted a group picture, he was the photographer. After every picture, we would examine it the way girls do and he would have to retake it because someone would be too fat, an outfit would be messed up, he didn’t quite get all of our right sides, or just because. My favorite was when we made him a take a million pictures of this:
Because the boots had to be exactly so. (This became our new style with the last 2 concerts that we went to and it was raining the whole time.)
His comment? This is like trying to get a vote passed in congress.
- My absolute favorite random thing? Nights singing at the top of our lungs and dancing up a storm. We laughed and talked about it on the way home and in the days to come. Friendship takes on new form and new memories when you really put yourself out there. If you ever have seen me dance, you know what I am talking about.
“Flyin’ high, living careless, on the edge of wild and reckless
Hold on tight, I’m ’bout to show you one hell of a night” – One Hell of a Night Sung by Dustin Lynch
I can’t wait until next summer.
Maybe I will even get some real boots.
What are some fun memories you made this summer? Share them at 40 Wishes and Counting!