This back to school shopping season has been brought to you by a lot of questions from parents.
Questions about school supplies.
Especially glue sticks.
Who would have thought?
Looking at so many back to school articles and different points of view, some parents have been upset about the amounts requested of various school supplies throughout the different grades. It seems teachers are asking for way too many things. Many times, we do end up purchasing a lot of supplies with our own money. We ask for so much at the beginning of the year because that is when you will find it cheaper. It is in your favor and ours as well to get as much as possible. You may have more than one child and it can get expensive, but all will be put to good use!
Here are 8 reasons why yes, teachers absolutely need the following for our classrooms.
- Plastic folders: The paper ones always end up destroyed by day 2 of school. Your kid will spill water, juice or even their snack all over it. It’s gross. The plastic ones will last throughout the year. Most of it anyway.
- Wet Wipes: Kids will still spill stuff over their plastic folders but now we have something to use to clean it. We can also clean the desks that they always use pencils to doodle on.
- Pencils: Some are more expensive than others! Yes, get the Ticonderoga brand. Why? So we don’t spend days sharpening the same cheap pencils over and over as they keep breaking. Bonus points if you buy the pre- sharpened ones. A teacher can dream, right?
- Plastic baggies: Welcome to kindergarten, first grade, and second grade. Where else would we put the teeth that fall out for the tooth fairy?
- Extra Snacks: If we have snacks after lunch, chances are your kid has eaten their snack there. Send extra snacks, please! You will score extra favoritism with the teacher if you find out his/her favorite and send that in. Sometimes we forget our snacks.
- Personal headphones for computers: We will take a pass on everyone sharing. Two words for you: head lice. Let’s move on.
- Glue sticks: We need them and we need a lot. We are all about the glue. Bottles of glue are so yesterday. They are kids. Once you take away the portions they somehow manage to eat, we don’t have much left. The kids can overuse it and lose caps so that they dry out. Our supply diminishes on a daily basis. Advice to you is don’t buy the cheap ones. They break off and go way too fast.
- Crayons: All 120 of them. Don’t you know they make adult coloring books to distress now? Teachers like to color too and we want to make sure our favorite colors are there.
Hope you all have fun shopping (and maybe this will make you smile when you do) and that your kids have the best school year!
If you liked this, please share on facebook and subscribe to 40wishesandcounting.com so you don’t miss out on the craziness and fun!