Trucks and trucks full of all different types of food. Sounds like fun, right? Not so much for a picky eater. There are very few things if any that I find to eat at these functions.
Over the weekend, I went to a food truck rodeo. I was hoping that if there wasn’t some cuisine I liked, then there would at least be ice cream. I could always count on that.
Hubby, the two kids, and I started to walk up the street to check it all out. We were meeting friends but they hadn’t arrived yet. We passed by a couple of trucks that had no interest for me at all. There was even a lobster truck that started with at least 30 people on line waiting. I think I would wait in line that long for nachos but that’s about it. By the time we would leave, that line didn’t seem to end. Mind boggling to this person. We kept going.
Then, I saw this.
Beer. I am not ashamed to admit I got excited. We could get beer and walk around outside. Not bad for a couple who are not going to Vegas or New Orleans anytime soon.
Here are some of my other observations:
- There really is something for everyone. There were all kinds of ethnic foods but I hit the picky eater’s jackpot. Mac & Cheese!!! It wasn’t as great as I thought it would but after the second beer, I kind of needed it.
- People watching. I am just so fascinated by peoples clothes, hair colors, and what kind of conversations I can overhear. Yup, I am that person.
- My 4 year old who is also a picky eater found the french fries truck. Life was good! Just not so good when he was done eating them and demanded more and we said no.
- Wow. You really can’t go wrong with this one.
- Originally we are from New York and when we saw this sign in the middle of Raleigh, we got a bit too excited.
Then, we found out it was true and we have every intention of stalking this establishment. Baby girl even had her first cannoli. She loved it! (Yes, this goes in the baby book.)
After all was said and done, it was good eating! Okay scratch that. It was mostly my hubby and friends that got the most out of the actual food experience but look what we got anyway. It’s a win win!
Ever been surprised at something you went to that you weren’t sure about? Please comment. I would love to hear about it.