It was a beautiful sunny day when I took my 17 month old to play at the park. There were a few other moms there. Everyone was happily talking and doing their thing. I got to listen in on a few conversations and make small talk here and there. It is one of 3 parks that we frequently go to in the area. After playing, we went to sit on the bench so baby girl could have a break and some water.
That is when some scary looking huge bug landed on her and I just lost it.
I dropped the “f bomb” and it was loud.
Everything came to a halt. The stares began and I started doing a dance around. I tried to explain in a nervous way. No one was really listening. We left. It will probably be awhile before I return to that park.
In my time there, and at other parks, I have run into the following types of moms every so often. Thankfully, most I meet fall along the lines of normal, but chances are, you may have met one of these too.
- The I Have Everything you Want Mom: She is the one that is dressed trendy and her hair is perfect. She is accompanied by the latest must have of diaper bags. Her kids are dressed in designer clothes and their shoes are on the correct feet. Bonus points for the matching socks.
- The Mary Poppins Mom: She has everything! Have a cut? No problem. Here is a very cool bandage. Sippy cups that are filled with water that was poured today. Snacks for her kids and everyone elses! She even has extra diapers and wipes. I know this because I may have had to ask for a couple of things. It was just that one time though. (Secretly, I want to be her when I get my parenting act together.)
- The Tell All Mom: This mom goes on and on to anyone who will listen. We are now in the loop of the latest mother in law drama, what position her husband likes, and her latest waxing appointment.
- The Overprotective Mom: We don’t know too much about her because she is hovering wherever her kids are.
- The Mom with no Filter: I promise this isn’t me. The bug was REALLY BIG. Anyway, this is the mom that will talk about anything and everything. This mom is usually loud and a bit much. She is also highly opinionated and says what comes to mind. You probably can’t get in a word while she is talking.
Just don’t believe her when she tells you about the crazy lady dropping the “F” bomb at the park.