So what does being 40 and shopping in Trader Joes mean? Not a whole lot except for the fact that I don’t think I would have noticed or cared much about some of these observations in my 20’s.
These days, I can’t help but take note of people and their behaviors in different locations. Yes, yes. This includes myself.
I often look at Trader Joes as the fancy place to food shop. This is probably another reason why I didn’t shop there back in the day. There are so many interesting and different types of foods. I can’t even pronounce some of them! I also frequent this place because they have the only kind of fish sticks my picky 4 year old will eat. I am always amazed by how crowded it is no matter what time of day I end up there. It’s also a fun place to people watch. You also want to watch out for an accidental game of bumper carts. I swear some people in that store always leave their carts wherever or are just going the wrong way down the aisle.
Here are some other things I noticed…
- I always buy those reusable bags. I have a huge collection. Problem is they are never with me when I am in the store. How is that even possible? On that note, why do I even buy more?
- Is it just me or is the whole world buying 3 buck chuck before the clock turns to PM? Oh wait. That’s my shopping cart that made me think of that.
- The samples? It’s like the witch telling Hansel and Gretel to try a piece of the house. They just suck you in.
- I like to pretend the employees do not pride themselves on being overly friendly. This way, the cashier was flirting with me, and yes, I’ve still got it.
- It is like magic. I have never gotten a bad watermelon from there.
- Parking Lot- its always a madhouse. Where the !@%* is my car?? ( I know. It’s my reoccurring problem. See post…http://40wishesandcounting.com/2015/06/crazy-tales-from-the-parking-lot-or-wherever-my-car-is/)
- Parking Lot: So not worth it to get a spot up close. Takes 20 minutes to leave when all of the people finally move. It’s like they are on a Sunday stroll in the park.
- Bringing Hawaiian clothes back in style. Magnum PI anyone?
Traders Joes…despite the picture above, I can honestly say I have never gotten laid there. Maybe if I did go in my 20’s?
What are your fun shopping observations? Let me know!